News: In 1834 a 13 metre long Iguanadon fossil was found in Queen’s Road in Maidstone
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Singular Genealogy  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Dave Smith

• Appreciation 10
Re: Singular Genealogy
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 14:01:23 »
I too had a birthday greeting for the 26th.  Was very pleasantly surprised!!!   
What a lovely surprise to hear from the Forum and thank you for your wishes.
Came back from Morecombe and the Lakes and stopped off for a birthday afternoon tea at the iconic deco Midland Hotel at Morecombe.
Do hope the Forum continues.

best wishes Ann
     Ann, I don't know what is going on for it wouldn't let me reply, so I'm trying this? Altho' the last communication from Kyn was to say that the Forum is temp. open Dec.18th, it seems to have been extended, altho' very few are using it now- maybe they don't know? Possibly that Birthday greeting to us was an auto cue?  I'm intrigued at your Inn Sign. It looks a little like, but not the same as, the one at Malling in the 50's that was of a saint, hands held up & eyes to the sky, with a circle above around which were a couple of Spitfires or?

Offline ann

• Appreciation 50
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 10:20:52 »
I too had a birthday greeting for the 26th.  Was very pleasantly surprised!!!   
What a lovely surprise to hear from the Forum and thank you for your wishes.
Came back from Morecombe and the Lakes and stopped off for a birthday afternoon tea at the iconic deco Midland Hotel at Morecombe.
Do hope the Forum continues.

best wishes Ann

Offline Dave Smith

• Appreciation 10
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 11:32:46 »
Dave, You are correct, he is 90. Colin ages much better than me, for he is very aux fait with computing.

Offline DaveTheTrain

• Appreciation 19
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 13:16:11 »
m. I wonder whether I am the oldest? or are there others who can remember Gillingham, etc. prior to & during WW2?

I have a feeling that CDP may be a little older, Dave.

Offline Lyn L

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 85
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 19:19:11 »
Belated Birthday greetings for your 89th  Dave Smith  ( If only I'd looked that day )   :)
Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life tryi

Offline Dave Smith

• Appreciation 10
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 18:56:22 »
It would seem that some part of the KHF is working, as I recently was very pleased to  receive a Happy Birthday ( on my 89th) greeting from Kyn & The Team. I wonder whether I am the oldest? or are there others who can remember Gillingham, etc. prior to & during WW2?

Offline HERB COLLECTOR

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 236
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 22:33:08 »
If anyone is looking for some depressing reading, I have extended my post of newspaper articles on explosions and accidents at various Faversham gunpowder works to include the years 1867 to 1904. Look for the red datelines. Another post has a new article of 1789.
http://www.kenthistoryforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=4870.msg181135#msg181135

Offline davpott

• Appreciation 46
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 21:54:59 »
I think the surname was Caslock. A  very old Faversham name.

Offline Lyn L

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 85
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 16:01:26 »
You could always have a look at the IGI , I did , there are plenty of Harwoods and a few Cashik ( how it's spelled then ) but it may well be a long journey  . Interesting bit of muddled genealogy though.
Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life tryi

Offline HERB COLLECTOR

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 236
Singular Genealogy
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 23:29:41 »
Can anybody confirm this?

Singular Genealogy.

All the persons named in the following genealogy were living at Faversham, in Kent, in 1760, excepting only the former wife of the elder Cashick. Old Harwood had two daughters by his first wife, of which the eldest was married to J. Cashick the son, and the youngest to John Cashick the father. Cashick, the father, had a daughter by his first wife, whom old Harwood married, and by her had a son; therefore Cashick's second wife could say: - "My father is my son. and I am my mother's mother: my sister is my daughter, and I am grandmother to my brother."
     From the North Wales Gazette, 1st August 1811.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines