News: In 1834 a 13 metre long Iguanadon fossil was found in Queen’s Road in Maidstone
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: "The Blitz ,Then and Now"  (Read 549 times)

Offline grandarog

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 104
  • RAF Halton 1957-1960
Re: "The Blitz ,Then and Now"
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 22:08:59 »
That's why I put the Heads up .It only costs about 80p a book to get them sent to your local library for free collection. Start at 3 weeks loan period but you can keep extending. :) :)

Offline Ex-Chalky

• Appreciation 10
Re: "The Blitz ,Then and Now"
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 20:02:06 »
There are just two copies available of the complete three volume set on Amazon.

It'll set you back £120...…

In the interests of preserving the environment no trees were harmed in the transmission of this mess

Offline grandarog

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 104
  • RAF Halton 1957-1960
"The Blitz ,Then and Now"
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 21:18:58 »
Not so much a review as a general `Heads Up` for Aviation Historians.
This mighty tome weighs in at around 7 kilos and is in 3 volumes, so make sure you have transport.
The three books literally cover everything about WW2 air action; crashes and equipment, munitions, engines, etc. Every crash of Luftwaffe or RAF aircraft over Kent and surrounding saving had on loan for 3 weeks. (you can extend loan time).
          There is so much info. in the books, you can confirm or refute almost every fact in seconds.
          The indexes are spot on. The whole concept is a day by day listing of occurrences.
          When the library sourced the books from central, I noticed that they had only been out on loan twice before, (l   ast being in 2015) which struck me, as the phrase goes: "Not a lot of people know that."
          So there you go, you know. If you like loads of data and facts to pore over you will be in your element.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines