News: Gypsy tart originated from the Isle of Sheppey
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Bekesbourne Aerodrome dragons teeth  (Read 18457 times)

Offline BenG

• Appreciation 3
Re: Bekesbourne Aerodrome dragons teeth
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 20:25:59 »
These are amazing, popped up there today to take a few pictures

worcester

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 22:06:07 »
Yes, other side of the line Rare. You can see them on the pics of RFC Bekesbourne post.
Aware of that one along the Adisham Road, from a distance, can't see a way across to it though. Will find John's photos though, thanks. No, the one I was looking for was a machine gun post that was meant to have been sited alongside the dragons teeth, think it's gone, found some rubble nearby but nothing else. 

A Rare Find

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 21:23:25 »
Nice find for the dragons teeth, where exactly are they ? are they by the footbridge over the railway line of Aerodrome Road.

Is this the pillbox you are looking for, not the best aerial view but it is there.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=51.250582~1.152347&style=h&lvl=19&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=7612439&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

worcester

Bekesbourne Aerodrome dragons teeth
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 20:21:10 »
These border the London to Dover line where it passes alongside the old aerodrome, and as far as I'm aware they're all in the original position.
I know there was a machine gun emplacement nearby but I've not been able to pinpoint it yet.   
Many are etched with numbers and initials, no idea of the relevance as they don't run in any logical sequence. 

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines