News: In June 1557 Edmund Allin, his wife and five others were burnt at the stake, where Drakes pub now stands in Fairmeadow, Maidstone, for refusing to accept Catholicism.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Farningham Village pictures  (Read 4708 times)

Offline sheppey_bottles

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 46
Re: Farningham Village pictures
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 10:01:00 »
Nice pics and thanks for them. That is a super little stream that runs through there.We used to fish it from up near Eynsford right the way through to wellcomes? in Dartford. The whole of that valley is littered with Roman remains as well, when I used to walk the stream after Chub etc there were always bits of pottery etc coming out of the banks..especialy below Franks? hall ( we used to creep inside there as kids fishing) and round the back of the model boat pond in Roman villa road? Sutton at Hone( bit of useless info for you but .. grasshopper warblers used to breed there!!). Lovely area.

Offline karlostg

• Appreciation 22
    • Bluewasp Media
Re: Farningham Village pictures
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 09:41:23 »
Many thanks for those pics Grandarog, I visited the water mill about 20 years ago, I can remember the building but couldnt remember where it was, now I know  :)

Offline grandarog

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 103
  • RAF Halton 1957-1960
Farningham Village pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 22:37:06 »
Had a stroll through the High Street.

Village sign.

Plaque on Wall

Water Mill

Wall of old Bridge

View that greets you as you enter village from A20

Same from the High Street.

Butchers shop was shut so dont know if it is his housethat is so beatifully "florificated"( I just made that word up ,does that qualify me for President of the USofA?)

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines