News: In June 1557 Edmund Allin, his wife and five others were burnt at the stake, where Drakes pub now stands in Fairmeadow, Maidstone, for refusing to accept Catholicism.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Former bakery Whitstable  (Read 2893 times)

liz

Re: Former bakery.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 18:26:26 »
hi colin , i asked my parents about the bakery but thay said they both have known it as a hairdressers in the 60s /70s and the charity shop untill this present day, so it must have been a bakery a very long time ago, i had a look in some of my books by douglas west every picture apart from the former bakery , maybe the library can help . there must be some info on it maybe wallace harveys collection may help he was a local historian helped me too when he was here, but he has archived alot of things :)liz

Offline colin haggart

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 21
Former bakery Whitstable
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 21:36:37 »
I need some help finding out about this former bakery and the building its self.

It's used by the Hospice Charity as a charity shop, the manager would like to know any info about the buildings former use, she is writing an artical on the building and I would like to help. I will be writing to her with any help I may get on here.

One of the bakery's ovens  has been uncovered, there are two small ovens to the right of the main one, they are still covered up.

The building was used as a second hand shop and a hair dressers too.

You can email me, just look at my profile for the email ad
dress.  Thanks.

There is another old bakery along the High St. too.
The oven, you can see this at the back of the shop.

Inside.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines