News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cubs and Scouts  (Read 35754 times)

Offline Stewie

• Appreciation 16
Re: Cubs and Scouts
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 13:24:50 »
I was in the 17th Medway Cubs. The pack used to meet along Capstone in the Memorial Meadow. Must admit I did not enjoy it much, we went camping at Buckmore Park for a week once and it put me off living in a tent forever! We also had a week at an old holiday camp near to St. Margarets Bay.

Offline Glen

• Appreciation 6
    • Kent Today & Yesterday
Re: Cubs and Scouts
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 00:47:51 »
Hi Aitch - I was in cubs too. Remember going to my first weekend camp at Downe (nr Biggin Hill) and also to Buckmore Park. I went to Cambria Sea Scouts in Dartford/Greenhithe. We used to go rowing and canoeing on Dartford Creek and sailing at Greenhithe. Amazingly the old boat house at Greenhithe was still there when I had a look the other day (first time in about 20 years). The scout hall in Dartford (used to be opposite the Phoenix pub) is long gone.

Glen

aitch

Cubs and Scouts
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 21:06:09 »
I was a member of the 14th Cubs in Gillingham, we met in, I think, a church hall in Toronto Avenue on a Monday evening.

Then aged 11 or 12, I went to the 14th (Rainham) Gillingham Sea Scouts who met on a Friday evening in Beringrave Lane, Rainham and stay with them until I was about 16 - then discovered girls - MUCH more interesting than boats and knots!!!!!

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines