News: In June 1557 Edmund Allin, his wife and five others were burnt at the stake, where Drakes pub now stands in Fairmeadow, Maidstone, for refusing to accept Catholicism.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Cubs and Scouts  (Read 41062 times)

Offline Stewie

• Appreciation 16
Re: Cubs and Scouts
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 13:24:50 »
I was in the 17th Medway Cubs. The pack used to meet along Capstone in the Memorial Meadow. Must admit I did not enjoy it much, we went camping at Buckmore Park for a week once and it put me off living in a tent forever! We also had a week at an old holiday camp near to St. Margarets Bay.

Offline Glen

• Appreciation 6
    • Kent Today & Yesterday
Re: Cubs and Scouts
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 00:47:51 »
Hi Aitch - I was in cubs too. Remember going to my first weekend camp at Downe (nr Biggin Hill) and also to Buckmore Park. I went to Cambria Sea Scouts in Dartford/Greenhithe. We used to go rowing and canoeing on Dartford Creek and sailing at Greenhithe. Amazingly the old boat house at Greenhithe was still there when I had a look the other day (first time in about 20 years). The scout hall in Dartford (used to be opposite the Phoenix pub) is long gone.

Glen

aitch

Cubs and Scouts
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 21:06:09 »
I was a member of the 14th Cubs in Gillingham, we met in, I think, a church hall in Toronto Avenue on a Monday evening.

Then aged 11 or 12, I went to the 14th (Rainham) Gillingham Sea Scouts who met on a Friday evening in Beringrave Lane, Rainham and stay with them until I was about 16 - then discovered girls - MUCH more interesting than boats and knots!!!!!

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines