News: Gypsy tart originated from the Isle of Sheppey
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Harbour Service Launch 376 at Chatham  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Bilgerat

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 265
Re: Harbour Service Launch 376 at Chatham
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 22:21:01 »
Wheelhouse is on. Just needs to be sealed and have the mast and navigation light boxes fitted. Fitting the engine room telegraphs, wheel and steering gear is something which will have to wait until resources and time permit.

The engine room cover has been moved to outside the No1 Workshop (Next to HMS Cavalier's dock), where it will be restored over the coming weeks.
"I did not say that the French will not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Lord St Vincent

Offline Bilgerat

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 265
Harbour Service Launch 376 at Chatham
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 19:39:02 »
We've been doing some restoration work on this vessel at the dockyard reccently, so I thought I'd take some pics. Please excuse the misty pics, think I have grease spot on my phone lens.

She's located just inside No3 Slip

Bow view.

Engine room cover. This is awaiting the removal of some asbestos from around some pipes inside it before repairs to the metalwork and repainting. Once it's been repainted, it will be temporarily replaced. The asbestos was removed today.

The boiler - awaiting re-tubing and testing.

Thw wheelhouse - will be refitted at the same time as the engine room cover.

The vessel was built at the naval base at Pembroke Dock in 1944 and spent most of her working life in Portland before being retired in 1973.

More details available at http://www.steamboat.org.uk/register/html/376/0003.htm.

The long term plan for this vessel is to restore her to full working condition and have her running on the Medway. Any questions about HSL376, please ask and I'll try to answer them.
"I did not say that the French will not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Lord St Vincent

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines