News: In June 1557 Edmund Allin, his wife and five others were burnt at the stake, where Drakes pub now stands in Fairmeadow, Maidstone, for refusing to accept Catholicism.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dover Harbour Board brochure  (Read 3645 times)

delboy

Re: Dover Harbour Board brochure
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 18:18:50 »
 Just came across this and its very interesting. I have a copy of the first photo that I got from a print and framing shop that used to be in Snargate Street and it consists of about six individual photos "joined" together, I was told it was done on a tripod taking one shot at a time, taken from the top of the steps by Cowgate cemetery, and its about a yard long in its frame.I now know the reason it was done . Also I think the picture of the POW pier should settle once and for all the location of the "railway gun"  thread, delboy    

Offline Leofwine

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 339
  • Today is only yesterday's tomorrow
    • Brompton History Research Group
Re: Dover Harbour Board brochure
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 17:35:09 »
Great pictures of a bygone age. "Messrs Townsend's" car ferries have come a long way since the 1930s!!
=========
Brompton History Research Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1891788967775575/

Dover Harbour Board brochure
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 17:19:18 »
The following photographs are from a self-publicising brochure published by Dover Harbour Board in the 1930s. The quality is not brilliant - my copy of the brochure is photocopied - but I think they're of sufficient interest to be worth posting.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines