News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Royal Emporium Chatham  (Read 1467 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

merc

  • Guest
Royal Emporium Chatham
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 13:11:35 »
The Royal Emporium was a Drapers and owned by George Church. It was sited at 154 High Street. George Church was one of the leading campaigners for Chatham's Borough status, which happened in 1890. The Royal Emporium ceased trading in 1934, when it was taken over by Mark's and Spencer.

 

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines