News: In June 1557 Edmund Allin, his wife and five others were burnt at the stake, where Drakes pub now stands in Fairmeadow, Maidstone, for refusing to accept Catholicism.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cartiers sport/electrical store Strood  (Read 5265 times)

SailingTiger

Re: Cartiers sport/electrical store Strood
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 16:06:07 »
They also sold Scalextric kits, which I recieved one year for xmas The Rally Set 2 TR7's one Red and one Yellow. I've been a fan ever since.

farthingcornerservices

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 22:20:56 »
I remember this store when it was in the High Street.  It had a first floor that sold things called Pocketeers.  A plastic hand held game that used to involve shooting small ball bearings through a maze.

Offline Spekes Bottom

• Appreciation 11
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 18:40:33 »

twistedpretender

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 18:21:48 »
I remember going to the official opening of the Sports shop in Strood - guest of honour was the crafty Cockney himself Eric Bristow

seafordpete

Cartiers sport/electrical store Strood
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 16:18:19 »
IIRC Cartiers were bought out by Bejam then Iceland but then some were sold to Tesco-Strood, West Malling maybe others. P

Tashos

Cartiers sport/electrical store Strood
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 14:45:53 »
Does anybody have any pictures of Strood High Street when Cartiers sport/electrical store was open? I think it was just along from what was the Co-op? Or of Cartiers food shop that was on the site now owned by Tesco.

Lew Cartier was married to my aunts friend and I remember summer holidays spent swimming at Boys Hall in Ashford. Sadly his then wife passed away and I don't recall any visits after that and don't know what become of him or his son. Boys Hall was eventually sold on.

thanks
 :)

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines