News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cartiers sport/electrical store Strood  (Read 3481 times)

SailingTiger

Re: Cartiers sport/electrical store Strood
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 16:06:07 »
They also sold Scalextric kits, which I recieved one year for xmas The Rally Set 2 TR7's one Red and one Yellow. I've been a fan ever since.

farthingcornerservices

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 22:20:56 »
I remember this store when it was in the High Street.  It had a first floor that sold things called Pocketeers.  A plastic hand held game that used to involve shooting small ball bearings through a maze.

Offline Spekes Bottom

• Appreciation 11
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 18:40:33 »

twistedpretender

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 18:21:48 »
I remember going to the official opening of the Sports shop in Strood - guest of honour was the crafty Cockney himself Eric Bristow

seafordpete

Cartiers sport/electrical store Strood
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 16:18:19 »
IIRC Cartiers were bought out by Bejam then Iceland but then some were sold to Tesco-Strood, West Malling maybe others. P

Tashos

Cartiers sport/electrical store Strood
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 14:45:53 »
Does anybody have any pictures of Strood High Street when Cartiers sport/electrical store was open? I think it was just along from what was the Co-op? Or of Cartiers food shop that was on the site now owned by Tesco.

Lew Cartier was married to my aunts friend and I remember summer holidays spent swimming at Boys Hall in Ashford. Sadly his then wife passed away and I don't recall any visits after that and don't know what become of him or his son. Boys Hall was eventually sold on.

thanks
 :)

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines