News: “Over the graves of the Druids and under the wreck of Rome,
Rudely but surely they bedded the plinth of the days to come.
Behind the feet of the Legions and before the Norseman’s ire
Rudely but greatly begat they the framing of State and Shire
Rudely but deeply they laboured, and their labour stand till now.
If we trace on ancient headlands the twist of their eight-ox plough.”

-Rudyard Kipling
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Carters frozen foods,Rochester  (Read 11333 times)

Offline Rochester-bred

• Appreciation 42
Re: Carters frozen foods,Rochester
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 16:40:45 »
I used to shop therewhen I was a young bride, it was amazing having such a variety of frozen foods in one place back then especially as there where and still are no large supermarkets in Rochester.
***I am still the child within***

kevin payne

Re: Carters frozen foods,Rochester
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 16:27:31 »
Hi there,yes i remember carters,my mother worked there as a secretary,the owner was reknowned for his bad temper.I did read that when he purchased a big old historic house,workmen found a skeleton under the floorboards,i believe it was under the floorboards of carter and his wifes bed!.

stuiF1

Carters frozen foods,Rochester
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 13:56:04 »
Hi all, was just doing some thinking back to my child hood and work that my father did when i was younger.I remember him working at Carters frozen foods (i think it was called that),it was situated on the corner of Church Street & Queen Street Rochester.To my knowledge he was a manager on the butchery department,i also had other family members working there aswell. I know from the outside the building looked like a warehouse,but once inside there were freezers everywhere.Once it ceased to Carters i think it become a soft drink depot....Bilco comes to mind.Was wondering if anyone else remembered this.....?

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines