News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Carters frozen foods,Rochester  (Read 8852 times)

Offline Rochester-bred

• Appreciation 42
Re: Carters frozen foods,Rochester
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 16:40:45 »
I used to shop therewhen I was a young bride, it was amazing having such a variety of frozen foods in one place back then especially as there where and still are no large supermarkets in Rochester.
***I am still the child within***

kevin payne

Re: Carters frozen foods,Rochester
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 16:27:31 »
Hi there,yes i remember carters,my mother worked there as a secretary,the owner was reknowned for his bad temper.I did read that when he purchased a big old historic house,workmen found a skeleton under the floorboards,i believe it was under the floorboards of carter and his wifes bed!.

stuiF1

Carters frozen foods,Rochester
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 13:56:04 »
Hi all, was just doing some thinking back to my child hood and work that my father did when i was younger.I remember him working at Carters frozen foods (i think it was called that),it was situated on the corner of Church Street & Queen Street Rochester.To my knowledge he was a manager on the butchery department,i also had other family members working there aswell. I know from the outside the building looked like a warehouse,but once inside there were freezers everywhere.Once it ceased to Carters i think it become a soft drink depot....Bilco comes to mind.Was wondering if anyone else remembered this.....?

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines