News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hempstead Valley flea markets  (Read 4289 times)

Offline 80sChild

• Appreciation 3
Re: Hempstead Valley flea markets
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 14:36:16 »
I remember the markets at Hempstead Valley too, when I was a child.

Didn't it use to be in the 'underground' carpark at the time?

We know a friend of the family who's mother use to do that.

Offline ann

• Appreciation 50
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 14:59:50 »
Yes MedwayDweller, I remember the Elvis singer down in the carpark.  From what I recall you could ask for requests, and he collected money for charity.

Minsterboy

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 06:16:02 »
I used to go to the Flea Market every month when it was upstairs in the Savacentre but never really enjoyed the part that was in the car park downstairs, the light wasn't too brilliant when looking at collectable stuff and it was freezing in the winter. I still have some framed vintage cigarette card collections on my wall that I bought there.
Eventually I started going to an excellent one at what I think was Mid-Kent College, down the road from Toys are Us, I have a lot of stuff that I bought there.

Offline MedwayDweller

• Appreciation 10
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 21:43:49 »
Used to love browsing in the underground car park,was goinng there myself in the mid eighties. Like has been previously mentioned upstairs was collectibles and downstairs a covered boot fair. Was a bit gloomy with the artificial lighting but of course was great when the weather was bad. Does anybody remember the Elvis singer Bobby Redway who seemed to always make an appearance in the car park?
nostalgia's not what it used to be

julie

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 21:40:23 »
i remember going to the flea market in 1979 i brought a hand made new wooden lorry for my son he was a year old his now 33 and i still have the lorry .

grantidge

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 21:48:07 »
Yes, it was Erhard Seidel.  I believe he went abroad to live.  I knew his then wife because we kept our horses at the same yard.  I no longer have horses and haven't seen Ele for years.

Offline ann

• Appreciation 50
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 11:04:34 »
I used to have a stall at the flea market.  I was upstairs in the malls, near to where the record shop used to be. I always had the same pitch.  Originally it was held only upstairs as I recall and it was some time later that the carpark underneath was used.  I used to sell antique jewellery mainly, but just after Xmas any unwanted pressies used to go on the stall.  It was more of a collectables market.  I cannot remember the name of the chap who ran it only that he was German (it may have been Erhard).  I think he had some connection to the Rochester flea market as well.  It ran for quite a few years and was quite good fun.

Offline sheppey_bottles

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 56
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 21:03:14 »
I went there a couple of times if it was the one held in the underground car parking area. I remember buying an old Allcocks reel there and a greenheart and cane fly rod. Both long gone!

Galgo23

Hempstead Valley flea markets
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 19:56:23 »
Does anyone remeber the flea market at Hempstead Valley? They were held on a Sunday once a month from the early 80s until about 1990. I acquired much of my record collection there! I also bought a Matchbox car there for about twenty pence which I've since found out is worth 100.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines